Monday, July 02, 2007

Transformers: WOW!

I never have written a movie review and it is not something I would like to regularly do, but tonight is an exception. I just took my 11 year old son and his friend to see the new Michael Bay movie, "Transformers". You would not believe your eyes! These are unlike any robots you have ever seen in any media format (computer games, video games, t.v, or movies).

If you are looking for a well thought out plot, love story, or a movie that makes you ponder life's mysteries, this is not the movie for you; if you are looking for a movie that makes you feel like a 10 year old again, at the movies, Transformers takes the cake. I found my jaw dropping almost constantly during this film. The robots are seamlessly woven into the frames of this film, they are as real as the trees, streets, and humans they are saving or destroying.

It is 2 1/2 hours of pure adrenaline; non-stop robo-nerd fest. The action is spectacular. There is a scene where a scorpion like transformer battles American Soldiers in the Iraq desert. The realism of this metal freak coming out from under the sand, and chasing our brave heroes into an obscure village, rages with high-powered weaponry, humor, and boatloads of machine gun jets blasting and bombing the snot out of the evil metal machine.

Shia Labeouf was the perfect coming of age teen: infatuated with a girl out of his league, wants a car he cant afford, and advertises on myspace. He is funny and convincingly freaked out. In my opinion, the other actors are not worth mentioning because the robots are the movie, and Shia is their connection to the audience.

I plan on seeing this movie again with my wife and five year old son. Transformers is one of the reasons I go to the movies; to escape. I never watched the Transformers cartoons, but this movie made me wish that I had. There were many disappointments at the movies this summer, but this was most certainly not one of them. What a blast! Thanks Michael Bay for such a fun ride.

TOTT

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM , Blogger Faithful 2 U said...

Transformers was a good movie. It is great to see things that were popular as a kids now in the movies for our kids.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home